Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's a Spring Fling!


    Good afternoon friends, I hope that you had a wonderful Saint Patrick's day weekend!

    I thought I would make this week's blog a bit longer because I probably won't have time to do one over spring break. 
We are getting very excited about spring break around here! How will you be spending yours? 
This year we will take little trips and relish our rest. 
Actually, I am enjoying our clean and organized home so much that I don't want to go anywhere! I guess that is the only drawback of cozy... becoming a major home body... as if I wasn't a big enough one already ;-).  

     Here is an update on the home front... every space that I have tackled has remained completely maintained. Which makes me giddy! Thankfully, order makes life easier.     

My sons came home from school last week to find that I had spent the whole day on their rooms and closets. I had just about given up on trying to organize their Lego collections and toys! It seemed that every time I did, it was all to do over again the next day! 
Insert frustrated face ;-(... 
I am sure there are some moms that can relate to my dilemma...    
I decided to try something new. 
I gave up on trying to color code the Legos and I decided to use the plastic dressers that I used to have in my pantry and master closet. 
They are wide and make it easy for them to shuffle around and find pieces. Now they don't have to dump everything out to find one piece.    
I can once again joyfully hang out in their rooms! 
Before, the chronic toy clutter was totally throwing off my cozy groove. 
It made me want to pull out all my hair and join a therapy group!    
To my amazement, my son Judah came to me and said ..."Mom, Guess what! I sleep so much better now in my clean organized room! 
I want to try and keep it like this all the time!"... 
I had been trying to explain to him why order was important and what the benefits were, now he GETS IT... Hallelujah! 
Maybe one day their wives will thank me. 
I am happy to say that they have been keeping them organized and clean ever since.... 10 days and counting! We'll see...

 Here is what the little plastic dressers look like... Cheap and easy.

I have not had time to paint out their closets yet. They are BIG! Soon... 

   Springing Forward...   
 I had so much fun adding little spring touches around the house that I could not stop.  It has been adding so much warmth to our world      
It is hilarious to me that I had never thought to capitalize on seasonal decor all year round! 
It all began back in the fall when my friend Emily said... "Kimberly, why don't you decorate for the fall? You would love it!"... 
She was saying this because I was ready to pounce on my Christmas decor spew. Yes, I said "spew" because Christmas throws up all over the Casa Rivera! Not only do I pounce, I pounce early.... very early. Just wait until Christmas. You will see our Christmas wonderland. Fun, yet tasteful.
       
Anyway, I thought to myself... "yeah, why don't I?"... 
I mean the thing I hate most about starting the new year is having to put away all of my cozy Christmas decor and lighting. 
Now thanks to Emily's one question, I am totally addicted to seasonal decorating, especially finding ways to display decorative lighting. 
That shows the power of inspiration...thanks Em... I'll send you the bill! Hehe... Who knew there was so much fun to be had?       

Here are some pics of our ever evolving spring fling...
Added more to the foyer. I love robin's eggs and moss baskets.
 I am totally loving chalk boards right now..
     Thank you Trader Joe's for selling cheap beautiful flowers! 
and I think I am done...              Trying to decide where to put these...

Kitchen island love...  
  Aren't these beautiful? Breakfast table..

 added a lil' more chalk fun... 
I LOVE all my cloches. They are so much fun to play with! Dining room...
Can you tell I have a thing for blue and white?
My little air purifier.

Love these tulips in my favorite tulip vase!

    Springy mantle.
Living room cloche.



More embellishments... 
at night... Oh...so...COZY!! 
      White and yellow flowers, homemade burlap garland, birds, and basket lighting.

 I had so much fun making this!
I love using a tea cup and saucer for a nest...
 I added a chalk board here too. Slightly obsessed!
Bedroom arrangement.

     Here are some pics that inspired me...

  ...LOVE 
 

 
 
  



 
 
 
  
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
  
 

  
and I could go on and on....

Now on to the organizational challenge of the week...
This week I decided to do my master bathroom drawers after being inspired by my friend Caitlin's picture of her make-up organization project.
Inspiring right? She has mad organizational skills!!

 I thoroughly cleaned everything and then realized I forgot to take before pictures. Oops... sorry.I gave away a bunch of my make-up to my niece, Morgan, who is an aspiring make-up artist. Now I have more space. I have learned that if you don't use it... loose it. Now everything has a home. I keep my skin care accessible. In love with this stuff...  Brush drawer...  hair tools...

Well, I have had fun this week. I better stop before I start adding more spring... Just looking at all these pictures makes me want to go create. I think I will go on a stick hunt and make some crosses...

This season we celebrate the ultimate sacrifice that our savior, Jesus Christ, made by suffering unto a brutal death on the cross just so that we could know Him and the POWER of His resurrection! What LOVE! As you remember HimI pray that His manifested presence would fill each of your lives afresh and that the JOY of His faithful goodness would overflow in your hearts! 
He is RISEN! He is ALIVE and He loves you!
Many blessings on you today!










   

No comments:

Post a Comment