Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Laundry Room Tackle

 Hello friends! I hope this day finds you well!

  Regretfully, the flu paid us a visit and I have been down for the count of 10 days. I did not realize how busy my life had become until I could do nothing except stay in bed and rest. My hubby took such good care of the boys and I. He deserves a medal for sure! I don't remember the last time I was that incapacitated. 
It's no fun being sick and I am a fun loving spirit. 
     I am very thankful for all the prayer from family and friends along with the care of a good herbalist that can diagnose to a "T" what is wrong in your body and program homeopathic drops to cure. I'm so thankful to God for essential oils as well.
  
  Being under the weather, I found myself reverting back to my childhood sicky routine. Old movies... I was raised on the classics and they are so comforting to me.
    This time I decided to watch them differently.  I had never payed attention to the background and focused on the interior design in the movies. As I did, I was amazed at how I have been subliminally programmed to love classic traditional style my whole life. Not to mention that every single film I watched displayed amazing blue and white collections... hmmm. No wonder I love it so much...

    Now I am finally beginning to feel normal again. Although I am ready to go, I still have to pace myself and not overdo... which is harder than one might think. So I will write today about what I did the day before I got sick..

    I decided to tackle one of my "problem areas"... my laundry room. I had mentioned before that I was going to commit to adding it more into my daily routine and I aim to keep my word. So I had to get strategic ... I needed to decorate it in such a way that I wouldn't want to let it get out of hand. After all laundry rooms need a little "cozy" too.
                    Operation laundry room makeover commenced.
   First I went to Sherwin Williams and picked out a paint color. While I was gone Alberto moved out the washer and dryer. When I returned I moved all of the stuff off of the shelves and spent a few hours finding everything an orderly home.
   I gave the whole space a thorough cleaning including the walls and trim, then I began to paint out the space. There is nothing like a fresh coat of paint to bring life to a utility space... well any space for that matter.
   While the paint was drying, I went shopping for basket storage and found some cute ones that companion my cornice over the laundry room window. By the time I returned, the space was ready for me to decorate. This was a fun and easy job to do.
    Here is my before and after pics..

This was after the paint..




I even re~purposed a small tureen to hold my fabric softener sheets. ;-)





   This armoire, another one of my antiquing "finds",  has saved my life. It is a true wardrobe and I put all the boys clothes inside directly after folding and hanging. I got so tired of going up and down the stairs with loads of laundry. This has simplified life SO much! Plus now they can use their drawers to store other things...like Legos.


                   This is our message board/ art display wall.


  Anyway, I hope this inspires you to tackle a problem area in your home...
This whole project took around 6 hours. It is very doable. The bulk of my time was spent finding everything a home.
           
    Here are some of the images that inspired me to take the plunge in my own space...


















Sorry I don't have any "finds" this week as I have been in my house for 10 days and have neglected my watering holes.

Many blessings on your week! 
Kimberly




1 comment:

  1. Now I'm jealous. Looks great. Love the baskets. I found a couple cool storage containers for my office space at Tuesday Morning...

    ReplyDelete