Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ideas in the Making

                           Here is a recap from my Saturday ....

Happy weekend all!

     My husband woke me up bright and early this morning saying "Honey get up and come sit with me.... It's snowing and I built a fire... and made coffee..." 
Normally sleeping in would be prime time,  especially when basketball practice had been canceled due to the snow,  but with a "cozy" invitation like that... who could resist?  After all, we must relish our snow days because they are so few in Tennessee! It was only a matter of time before the boys were begging me to bundle them up in all of their layers and let them at the snow! This meant I had a decision to make.... Do I send them out to play and watch from the window by the fire or do I abandon "cozy" and have a snowball fight with them? I am happy to say that today I chose the snowball fight! It was a sacrifice at first to bundle up and freeze my "tokey" off,  but all the laughter and hugs made it so worth it! Memories like that are priceless!

                                  Ideas to become reality....
      I have been tossing around a few ideas for my blog that will make it more fun and interactive! I will be adding them in as soon as I figure out the technical side. They will go something like this...      
       The first addition will be a section called,  "Design Tip of the Day".  This will be ideas that I have implemented in decorating that have increased the "cozy~elegant factor" in our home.  It may also be a inspiration that I derived from one of my favorite designers.

       The Second section will be called, "Kimberly's Finds".  I am very excited about this! I am always finding amazing things that I don't have space for in my home... but they might be the perfect addition to one of yours! Obviously, this section will mostly benefit my local readers, but if the deal is good enough....shipping is always an option!  For example,  today I went out to buy vacuum cleaner bags and happened upon a few NEW watering holes. This was my find..... 
      This item originally had a retail price of $7000! The consignment store's  starting price was $1695 and NOW on 2/6/13 it will be....drum roll please.... $847.50. I love it, but I already have a secretary in my home. They won't always be large items, I come across all kinds of things.

      The Third section will be called, "Cleaning~Organizational Challenge of the Day or Week".   I  always say that I can get so much more done if someone would just come sit and talk to me! For some reason household chores are so much easier when you feel you are not alone. So I had an idea... what if we all do a challenge together and then post pics of our before and/or afters? I understand this won't be for everyone. I know that many have work or other commitments that limit their time, but I think that it would be fun to interact and encourage each other in this way! I love posting pics of my organizational accomplishments....
For instance, this one, from yesterday...
        As I was looking through one of my favorite inspirational books I saw this photo and it provoked me to iron...
This picture is my finished product. It took 45 minutes and I was so proud of myself! Now I don't have to be embarrassed when I open my linen drawer, instead I can hold my head up high and think how proud Martha Stewart would be!



               These sections will eventually take on video clip format which will add to the fun! I am a very visual person. If I see an example , I have it forever. I know there are many like me in that department!

            Well, I cannot begin to tell you how much fun I am having already! Thank you for all of the encouraging e-mails and posts! Yesterday someone kindly left a note informing me that I had something like 60 exclamation points in my post which made it difficult to read. I had to LOL because it is SO TRUE! Being a passionate person, I hear everything that I say end in an exclamation point! haha... So bare with me and I will try to tone it down so that my words may flow off the page with ease.  I have never been a writer and I am learning as I go ;-)...
           
            It may take me a few days to incorporate all of these ideas into my blog. In the meantime, I would love to hear if these ideas interest you.
            I will leave you now with a few more random pictures that inspire me... maybe one of them will inspire you too....






         Many blessings on each of you! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!         ~Kimberly


      

2 comments: