Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cozy by Desire, Elegant by Design




  •       It is hard to begin a blog about a subject that I love so much without wanting to go in a million different directions. I feel as if I may explode into a hot mess of all of my favorite interior design inspirations!  SO... I will try to focus on being "COZY" with my words. Cozy means... "Giving a feeling of comfort, warmth, and relaxation..."   So grab yourself a cup of tea and get cozy with me...hehe..

         I wanted to start out this blog by telling you just a small bit of my journey in decorating our home.
        When the Lord blessed us with our home we were overwhelmed with thankfulness! He is so good to us! First we cleansed it in prayer and released blessing over the land. Then once that foundation had been laid the transformation to "cozy" began...
         Now "cozy" to me is the manifested presence of PEACE in my home. Many things contribute to peace in our home, but the most important thing we did was to invite the "Prince of Peace" to fill every square inch of it. We have found that God loves to fill our space! When we invite Him into our home, His peace and rest invade our lives.... and as a result... all who visit us find peace.

          Creating a cozy home is a journey with the Father. I always feel His pleasure in every "find"! Now when I say, "find", I speak of the uncanny ability to find amazing things for unbelievable prices! I call it my deal finding anointing.  My husband, however, may not have the same name for it... hehe!  These "finds"are not just things, but things I have really wanted and asked for.... they just find me! I could tell you stories..... and I will share some along the way as I am on a perpetual treasure hunt! 
           
          I believe that thankfulness is the key to any design's success. If we are thankful for what we have the very atmosphere around us reflects it. My thankfulness is loud and clear everyday! Literally! Ask my husband! There is not a day that has gone by, in the last 8 years, that I didn't exclaim "Thank you God for our home! I love our home!". I love it when I hear those same exclamations come from my children's lips! It makes me think that if I love to hear my children's thankfulness how much more does the Father love to hear mine!
           
            All of that being said, my practical definition of designing a cozy~elegant home is creating spaces of beauty that cause one's spirit, soul and body to find rest. 
            In this blog, I hope to inspire the creator in each of you with ideas,
     pictures galore and "finds" so that you can increase the "cozy" factor in your homes!

    As soon as my husband shows me how upload pictures... look out!

              Have a marvelous day! Kimberly~

           



      

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful words and thoughts. Thank you for sharing :) Blessings~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone feels the same way about this as I do!!
    It's so much fun - And Poppa is THE BEST! at finding the right piece at the right price!

    I'll be honest I've tried to do it myself a few times, and it just isn't the same. Like anything in life.
    It's so much better when He's behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed you and your husband's anointed worship for years (almost worn the cds out and the carpet in my bedroom!) So, thank you, thank you. What you are doing here is so exciting-peace, peace, in every corner! I'm so looking forward to keeping up with your new adventure with Him. Be weighed-down with His life in you-such a big Jesus!! I am a 67 year old great-grandmother who's young at heart:) Jerry Schreiner, Louisville, KY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerry! Many blessings on your youth!!! ;-))! ~K

      Delete
  4. Thankfully I saw you had started a blog on fb, I would like to follow your blog!
    I don't always see fb postings. Do you plan to have a follow me link?

    sowingstitches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just learning how to do all of this, but yes! I am sure I will! Thanks for your interest! ~K

      Delete
  5. Yay! Can hardly wait for pics. :) Lord grant you increased blessings as you both have blessed me so greatly. Words cannot truly convey... <3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait! Remodeling master bath due to a plumbing problem. Thinking of keeping cultured marble tub, replacing vanities with soapstone. Going with darker tile on floor to compliment soapstone. Paint? Match tub? Match anything? Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Rhody! If send me some pics of what your choices are, I will give you my opinion ;-)! Blessings on the adventure! ~ K

      Delete
  7. I love decorating too! I have a large canvas from Pier One behind my couch that has tall birch trees with leaves at the top and red poppies all over the ground around the trees. I couldn't stop crying when I first put it cause we are the trees of righteousness washed in the Blood. I was drawn to purchase the canvas and really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ps the birch trees are white....like us cleansed by Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a blessing in life to be able to do what we love for a living...I am so happy for you that you are pursuing what you love! There is not a day that goes by in our home that we are worshipping with you both. Your music ushers us into the presence like no other! We love you guys soooo much and are so thankful for your lives! May the good Lord Bless this blog and continue to surprise you with good finds...they come to you because his blessings overtake you!!! Bless you, Anais ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog is just what I needed! I have the home of my dreams, thank the Lord! But it is not cozy on the inside. I pray that God will anoint these pages that will touch everyone who stops by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! This is definitely one of your love languages! Keep it up, Kimmie! Love you!

    ReplyDelete